Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Ways to Fill Your Time

When unemployed, there is time. Lots of it. Now, a good portion is to be dedicated to actually FINDING a job; but that does not fill an entire day.

So, today I will share with you some valuable ways to spend your time.

Thank You Notes:
Write them. Thank anyone and everyone for anything and everything. For example:

Dear Alex Grey,

Thank you for providing me with such an inspirational header for my resume. Your template may or may not be the reason I have received any interviews at all. I am indebted to you. And when I do finally have a job, I will buy YOU drinks... and not just at CCG happy hour. You're the best. Visit me in DC when I'm important.

Sincerely,
Sarah Joy


And be especially sure to write thank you notes after interviews! Do it! I sent mine off today. It felt good... and it took up about 30 minutes of my day.

Connecting with old friends:
Get on facebook. Find people you know... and in the cities you want to end up. This is a way to grow your network and find free places to stay on interview trips. In 2 trips to DC, 18 states, and about 5,000 miles on my car... I have YET to pay for a hotel room this summer. Impressive, I know.

Take this two hot tips for today and tune in for more. I'm waiting on a thank you note from you...

No comments:

Post a Comment