Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Wait

If you've ever applied for a job/interviewed for a job you know what I'm talking about... waiting for THE call.

Let me walk you through my most recent application process...

When I first re-started the job search in August, I applied for a development job with a university on the east coast. Kind of put it out of my head because it was a job-bank type deal... figured tons of people of applied... did NOT expect to have a shot at the position.

Then I got the first call for an interview! I was elated! I, clearly, accepted the phone interview... had to wait a week, but I was ok with that.

Phone interview happened. It was Awesome! They said I was one of five resumes they pulled out of over 200! (re-visit the sample thank you note regarding my resume header) They seemingly loved me and said that they would be in touch by the end of the week.

NOT 24 HOURS LATER: I was in! I was a finalist for the job!!! Much jumping up and down occured, calling of friends, general revelry, and booking the flight!

Then it happened, the real deal interview. Final interview. I wore the GOOD interview outfit... looked spiffy, albeit warm (it was REALLY hot Monday). I thought it went well. They were giving me bus routes to work and introducing me around... all felt right with the world. They said they would be in touch by the end of the week.

Here we are: Thursday, 12:15. Still no call. I have a countdown going till 5PM tomorrow: less than 29 hours. It's going to be a long 29 hours.

... CALL!

FYI, typing "call" does NOT work. Neither does staring at your phone. Woof. Check back in roughly 29 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment